We are proud to have a 5-Star Health and Hygiene rating. Highfields is committed to providing quality services for residents by caring, competent, well-trained staff in a homely atmosphere. This will be achieved by:
- Staff development programme.
- Recruitment of staff who shares our values and will create a homely atmosphere.
- Providing such resources as may be required to ensure that training takes place and is effective.
Our Home will provide services based upon consultation and assessment of the residents’ needs. This will be achieved by:
- Listening to staff, residents and others with an interest in the Home.
- Ensuring that assessments are made which balance risks and needs.
- Promoting a level of responsible risk-taking in daily living activity.
- The operation of an effective care planning system.
Our Home will involve residents in the planning and review of the services that are provided for them to ensure that their needs are met. This will be achieved by:
- Enabling and empowering residents to influence the services provided in the Home by giving each resident a real say in how services are delivered.
- Encouraging residents to become involved in all decisions, which are likely to affect them, either now, or in the longer term.
Our Home will consult people about their satisfaction with the service and suggestions for improvement. This will be achieved by:
- Residents’ consultation and satisfaction surveys.
- Residents’ and staff meetings.
- Management review of our Quality Management System.
Our Home will provide catering services which meet the expectations of residents. This will be achieved by:
- Planned, structured menus that include residents’ wishes, choices and preferences.
- Menus, which are nutritionally balanced in the view of a qualified dietician.
- Menus, which allow residents to change their food choices.
Our Home will ensure that residents are fully informed about all matters, which might affect their well-being. This will be achieved by:
- Residents’ meetings.
- Key worker support.
- Provision of notice boards or other displays, which inform residents.
Our Home will afford all residents and staff an equality of opportunity in respect of living or working in the Home. This will be achieved by:
- An Equal Opportunities Policy.
Our Home will ensure that the Home is a safe and secure place to live. This will be achieved by:
- Ensuring that the physical environment meets all Health and Safety standards.
- Providing each resident with their own front door key unless there are agreed reasons for not doing so.
- Providing each resident with a safe and secure place to store his or her valuables.
Our Home will offer a range of social activities, which meet the needs of the residents. This will be achieved by:
- Ensuring that activities are offered to each resident, which are appropriate to their needs, abilities or expressed wishes.
- Ensuring that the Home considers their social, spiritual, cultural, emotional and physical needs in the services it offers to residents.
- Ensuring that residents feel comfortable to decline any or all of the activities offered by the Home.