As well as our excellent facilities, we are committed to the wellbeing and individuality of every Service User. As such our Statement of Purpose for the Home reflects our positive values and is summarised below.
- To provide long-term personal care, to elderly people, of both sexes.
- To foster an atmosphere of care and support which both enables and encourages our residents to live as full, interesting and independent a lifestyle as possible.
- Highfields aims to provide the highest possible qualities of care and life to all who choose to reside in the Home.
- Other than in the most exceptional circumstances (and in the case of Intermediate Care placement), no User will be admitted to Highfields without that User having been assessed by the owners or senior staff of Highfields, to ensure that the Home’s facilities and services can meet that User’s needs.
- Other than in the most exceptional circumstances (and in the case of Intermediate Care placement), no User will be admitted to Highfields without that User, and any involved relatives and/or agents, first having visited Highfields and satisfied they that the Home is acceptable to them. N.B. IN THIS, AND MOST OTHER MATTERS, THE VIEWS OF THE USER MUST BE REGARDED AS PARAMOUNT.
- Highfields ensures that staff provides a reasonable mix of ages and skills and that they have, or are provided with, sufficient experiences and training to ensure their adequacy to task. Care staff training in dementia care has been carried out. The Registered Manager has a degree in dementia studies. Staff are trained and have Certificates in First Aid, and appropriate staff have Food Hygiene Certificates.
- The views of Users will be sought and given full consideration throughout their time at Highfields. Individually, this means that no significant decisions will be taken about a User without that person’s full involvement (as the most significant and “deciding” voice), to the full extent of their capabilities.
- Users are consulted about all significant matters.