At Highfields Residential Home, we pride ourselves on offering excellent facilities to our service users. Feel free to browse through what we have to offer with the arrows below.
Lounge Areas and Other Services
The extensive communal facilities consist of a large lounge and dining area plus a conservatory overlooking the attractive garden. There are additional smaller sitting rooms provided on the ground and first floors.
Other available services include:
- Domiciliary Dentist Optician and Hearing Specialist
- Personal Telephones
- Administration Support is available to the Home and residents who may require a letter to be typed can avail themselves of this service.
- Benefits Advice
- Shopping: Where appropriate we encourage residents to go shopping on their own, with relatives or a staff member.
- Dry Cleaning
Highfield delivers a 5-star cuisine providing fresh locally sourced homemade meals using the freshest ingredients.
Our trained catering staff carefully prepare meals which are as interesting and varied as possible. Residents are offered a choice of food at all meal times and special diets including vegetarian are catered for – advice of a dietician is sought where necessary. The day usually begins with an early morning cup of tea followed by full English or Continental breakfast, mid-morning tea/coffee and biscuits, 2-course lunch, mid-afternoon tea/coffee and cakes, 2-course evening meal and nighttime drinks and supper snacks. All meals, snacks, supplements and drinks are provided within the fees for service.
All bedrooms are fully furnished although residents are able to bring small items of furniture providing they meet the fire regulations. Residents are also encouraged to bring pictures and personal belongings. A lockable cabinet is provided in each room to enable residents to lock away money for example.
Health, Care and Medication
A full assessment of care will be carried out monthly and a plan of care will be drawn up with the full involvement of the client to ensure that all aspects of health, personal and social care of the resident are met.
Highfields will assist in promoting and maintaining the health of all individuals. In particular, we will:
- Support self-care wherever possible but maintain personal and oral hygiene.
- Monitor psychological health and ensure that preventative and restorative care are provided.
- Provide appropriate opportunities for exercise and physical activities.
- Identify and act on any risk of falling.
- Enable residents to register with the GP of their choice, subject to the GP’s agreement.
- Give access to Community (District) Nurses for any “Nursing” needs.
- Ensure access to hearing and sight tests and to appropriate aids.
- Provide information and advise about entitlements to health care.
- Inform the next of kin or representative of any issues.
- Provide wheelchair access throughout most of the home to give disabled residents freedom of movement.
- Provide transport for service users in wheelchairs to go to Hospital appointments and outings.
- An escort will accompany the resident if a member of their family or friend cannot do so.
- Maintain equipment such as the bath hoist, lifting hoist and lift up to upper floors.
- For service users dealing with their own medication, records will be kept; this is preferred for both the safety of the service user, fellow residents and to maintain requirements of the Registering Body.
Our well-stocked garden is easily accessible. It is overlooked by our comfortable conservatory and residents are always welcome to enjoy the charming surroundings.
Outing and Activities
Outings are arranged to the local lake, tea rooms, garden centre and other local areas. The annual summer fete is held in the tranquil garden and there are many additional activities leading up to Christmas.